TWO DAY TRAINING & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
This training combines individual and group processes and assists participants to respond effectively to incidents and crises in order to support people in the workplace and the community. This may include colleagues, clients or the whole organisation.
The course is designed for those managing staff in the workplace, those responding to incidents in client/customer organisations and particularly those in peer support roles within the workplace.
This course explores differences between crisis response and other long-term responses such as counselling.Register Now
CRISIS RESPONSE IN THE WORKPLACE
This course focuses on the sequence of crisis intervention processes to use, for which individuals and/or groups, at what times and under what circumstances. Training in strategic planning and tactical decision making is the cornerstone of this course, along with preparedness of the crisis support personnel.
This course requires prior completion of the Assisting Individuals in Crisis and Group Crisis Intervention training programs (GRIN) or equivalent.
COURSE CONTENT INCLUDES:
- Managing a complicated or large scale crisis event in the workplace or the community.
- Strategic planning as it applies to crisis intervention
- Incident management systems and crisis intervention
- Elements of effective planning
- Steps in developing the plan
- Planning process in assessing target populations
- Determining the type, timing and resources necessary
- Assisting large numbers of people involved in a crisis
- The most important crisis intervention tactics, and